oDesk Sample: Cover Letter



Dear visitor here i'm sharing a oDesk job application cover letter sample for you. Its recommendation from odesk so read carefully & get idea from it to get your job.

Dear Hiring Manager,
I'm a certified J2EE architect with experience in migrating applications to the cloud, and I'm very interested in your job post involving these skills.
I have recently worked in G.ho.st (Globally hosted operating system) as a team leader, where my responsibilities included developing the G.ho.st platform built using Java J2EE technologies. This infrastructure was built entirely on Amazon AWS.
My experience creating J2EE solutions includes building and deploying scalable solutions on top of Amazon AWS. I am an expert in AWS EC2, S3, SDB, and RDS. I have consistently delivered projects on time and under budget, which has earned me the role of team lead on a number of recent projects, as you'll see in my work history. I believe my skills would be ideal for your project.
A number of my projects are in my oDesk portfolio. My work for SampleCorp.com, in which I transferred a complicated Javascript app to the cloud, is very similar to your position.
I am available to chat by IM, email or Skype, and would be happy to set up a convenient time to discuss the application you're moving and some ideas about the safest way to get it into the cloud. I will be available 15 hours per week for this position.
Regards,
Anand Kamath
Note
  • Use the name of the client if it is given in the post. Otherwise, "Dear Hiring Manager," is sufficient.
  • The first sentence offers the strongest, briefest summary of Anand’s qualifications for this particular role. This first line is what’s visible as the client scans the candidate list, and so should be as compelling as you can possibly make it.
  • Anand then lists his additional qualifications, highlighting those requested in the job posting, and mentions having served as a team leader, an indication of previous clients' faith in his work and leadership abilities.
  • He directs the client to a particular piece in his portfolio that is relevant to this job, and gives detail on how it is similar to the work requested for this position.
  • Anand closes by repeating his interest in the job and his understanding of the client priorities.
  • He indicates the means by which he could be interviewed — allowing the client to respond with the chosen method and contact info.
  • He indicates his availability and the number of hours he can devote to this position each week.
  • Anand does this all in only 200 words.

Reference from: Odesk
Share this article :

0 Comments:

Post a Comment